Read how I’ve decided to try out monthly goals.
A smashing success! Let’s get to it:
- Submit to Black Library
- Won. Twice. Besides a writing sample that was edited by some very strong friends of mine, one of them let me know of Cubicle 7’s (not “Crucible 7” 😑) call for writers. In about one-and-a-half to two hours, with 30 minutes to spare, I applied there, too! Despite it being months before knowing the results, it’s a heck of a win, this goal.
- Investigate other housing options
- Won? Didn’t find apartments at better prices and am cooling my heels looking at houses (expecting a raise that’ll benefit my loan pre-approvals). Regardless, I’ll keep an eye out for houses in Las Vegas because this is where I can see myself living for a good while 🙂
- Meet and hang out with other people
- Won! Friends I haven’t seen in ages, I got out to visit. More folks I’ve reached out to, some of whom I’ll be seeing in October and summer 2020. It feels good to be in a place materially, socially, and mentally to keep up with some pretty cool folks ~
- Fulfill end-of-life experience goals
- Won! Played in the waters of Venice Beach in Santa Monica, saw some important people, and tried sensory deprivation (cool, but maybe not all that 😜). This is a tough one to have done, because now I need to re-evaluate what to do with my life, even if it’s only three months ahead 😶
I like winning. Can I make a repeat of October’s goals? Guess those will have to be figured out first… Bear with me as I get my priorities straight 😁
One thought on “Goals Recap – September 2019”