Download for home. (12m 53s)
I am a multitude. A legion. I am a bit over everyone and everything that I’ve experienced.
Their intelligence, insight, and inspiration have made my life objectively better 😊
This is about those people and things that I continue to learn from every day, things that you too could could add to your squad of virtual intimates.
Here’s a short list of the living mentors I go to for guidance on the daily:
- Gary Vee – CEO, writer, speaker, inspirational hustler with more drive than you can shake a stick at and aspire to live up to.
- Tim Ferriss (a chat with Gary Vee) – Writer, self-experimenter, professional life- and work-hacker; a nice balance to Gary.
- Jocko Willink – Former Navy SEAL commander, writer, leadership consultant, tea maker, jujitsu artist, and master of getting after it.
- Jordan Peterson (a chat with Jocko) – At times controversial Canadian psychologist, writer, and current cultural phenomenon.
- Paula Pant – Financially independent Afford Anything host, humorist, and charming voice for what we don’t talk about in enough detail: money.
(Be sure to listen in for books and historical figures!)
I also highly recommend these folks:
Who do you already follow from on this list? Who are you adding? 🤔 Let me know who your mentors are – I want to learn from them too!
Cheers through next week.
Download at home. (9m 17s)
GOALS GOALS GOALS
It’s that time again 😁 In seriousness, March has been a rocker for the world. COVID-19 has shut down entire countries, killed tens-of-thousands, and forced millions more indoors indefinitely.
I have not been without impact myself, be it a sickness earlier in the month 😷 to now working from home like so many others. It’s affected my goals, too, for March, and brought a… clarity, to my thoughts.
Listen to the ‘cast for more info! As a reminder, my goals for March were:
- Giving overtime at work
- Property buying
- Following yes-and-no lists
For April, we’re going to be taking it a little easier as we settle into this new WFH lifestyle 😶
Stay safe at home yourself! Leave a comment on how COVID-19 has affected you too.
Chat with you next week! Cheers!
Download for home. (7m 22s)
Last week I was sick. Before that I was nixing GDC (since cancelled). Now, I realized I was in trouble, so I took care of myself.
Will be taking care of myself.
Before continuing, check out the World Health Organization for up-to-date COVID-19 FAQs!
Listen to the cast to pick-up some self care for yourself 😊
Download for staying home. (13m 21s)
To learn more about what’s going on in the world, listen to some news.
To learn more about what’s hit me, give a listen to this week’s cast.
Be well. See you on the other side!
Download for the road. (7m 43s)
A combination post! Last month’s goals get addressed, while we set off to conquer March.
February Goals Reviewed:
- Won. Work towards owning property done every. Single. Day. Get some!
- Won. I came in at the minimum, but a pass is a pass. Housing did take a lot, and I hope to apply that work ethic to my writing as well.
- Won. Not as much as expected (due dates got pushed), but still an extra 2-5 hours committed every week (largely eaten by meetings 😭).
- Yes and No
- Won! I tell you how beneficial these lists have been for me in the podcast. Give it a listen to know how much I recommend such things! 😃
On to what counts…
March Goals Proposal:
- Housing Round 2
- The primary goal. I have done a lot of the leg work required to get started, but now it’s time to close. There’s a lot of risk, so patience is key.
- COME ON, JIMMY. WRITE LIKE YOU MEAN IT. EVEN MERELY 10% OF WHAT YOU SPEND ON HOUSING.
- ARGH 😡
- Just write something.
- Put it out there.
- Come on, man…
- Should be the last month of crunch, but we’ll wait to see. For now, 2-5 hours extra will suffice.
- Yes and No
- Can I keep it up for a second month? I really hope so. Will need to re-evaluate early if certain goals eclipse 😉
And as a reminder, GDC is not happening this March (it’s for the better).
That be that! Let me know what your thoughts on the podcast style are and your own goals in March. Looking forward to hearing about your endeavors! Cheers!
Download for the road. (15m 13s)
Coming hot off last week’s post, here is the second half of the Quick TTRPG (name pending; any suggestions?).
Today we’re getting after the role of the Game Moderator, some general rules for everyone, and background to the system.
Download the action-oriented sheet here.
And here’s the roleplay sheet.
The sheets will be appearing soon! In the meantime, let me know if these suckers print properly – not all printers were created the same 😑
Lots happening towards this month’s goals – looking forward to sharing more news with you in future posts 😁 Enjoy the game! Cheers.