It is that spooky time of the year! 👻🎃💀 When we review the last month and propose for the new 😱
October Goal Review
- A Trip and a Wedding
- Won! Despite exhaustion, the overlanding trip taken and wedding afterward were absolute blasts. Seeing old friends (some not since 12-14 years ago) and making new ones has been… I need more of it in my life. A few other lessons were learned too, some I will capitalize on in November. (See photos and follow on https://www.instagram.com/jimmychattin/)
- Mörk Borg Module
- Won! Made the module The Final Day, or The Final Hours of the Final Day. D66 world-destroying cataclysms meant to wipe out all player characters and every monument that ever stood. Blog post on this later 😉 No bonus for the artsy splash or BITS conversion (very close to this conversion, though!).
- 20 Hours Machine Learning
- Failed. Didn’t touch the lessons 🤷♂️
- 20 Hours Unity
- Won! I now know more about the engine. Enough that I could talk shop about it, so onto the ol’ resume it goes~ No bonus for making a game over 10 extra hours, though I dedicated about 4 hours to remaking Flappy Bird 😃
- 15 Minutes Daily Engagement
- Won! Time was put in, but not consistently >_> I hold responsible goal #1, a 9-10 day affair that wiped out the first third of the month from being online. No bonus here for 20 total engagement hours.
- Move or Half-Year Review
- Won! The move is underway! Getting to live with some great and grand folks because of it 🙂 But, that means November will require EOY reviews!
- Bonus: Marathon War 2P
- Nothing here – did not touch the bonus.
After some realizations in the first half of October, I have decided to take November as a month of hiatus. I’ve done so before, and the close of the year is just… convenient!
Write blogs, read articles, brainstorm projects, visit friends, build something new, and maybe play a game or two. Also getting ahead on the year-end review is a thing I should do too. Here are some prospect for your review (that I may make into goals if I get ready to):
- EOY Review collection, with a bonus for Media and an Outline.
- 6 Blog Posts to help fill out the year.
- 20 Game Hours, especially since I am like to have a VR headset at my disposal 😎
- 20 Study Hours of game engines, both for tabletop and virtual environments.
- 8-10 Hours of Outreach again.
- Private Engagements of personal and social nature.
October was uncomfortably tough. It felt like a constant rush to get all the goals and other things handled (you know, the stuff of life). Led to an 83% success rate which, while acceptable, made me feel guilty for taking any rest.
That is no good, especially for someone who tends toward workaholism 😐
High time for a break, wouldn’t you say? I may give myself task credit if I change my mind after Halloween. For now, I collect myself and my notes from the past year, write a few blogs, attempt to relax a minute.
Cool? Cool. Forget not to take some time for yourself too, shared with friends and other family. Cheers to your November, folks!