This is a long one. Listen – it’ll be worth it.
Have an announcement I’m leaving in the cast. But to help you, below are abridged bullets my notes on dealing with stress and making decisions when things are uncertain.
Dealing With Stress
- Eat (fats and proteins).
- Make lists.
- Long walks.
- Visit nature.
- Intense exercise.
- Cut down the schedule.
- Remember and consume intense media.
- Discover minimally viable life.
- Days > years.
- Bonus not included in the cast: Cut down on stimulants. (Looking at you, coffee!) ☕
- Doing > planning.
- What do I enjoy more?
- What is required for me to feel satisfied?
- Will I be better for having done it?
- Am I living my best life? How can I?
- What do other people want more?
- What would I need to do if I was to die in three months? Six?
- What would the decision look like if it were easy?
- Make the decisions / choices simpler.
- 90/10 Principle (upgrade from the 80/20 Principle).
- Say “no” if I can’t give it a “HELL YES!”
- Say “no” if there are no next steps or long term benefits.
- Say “no” if I am considering this because of guilt or obligation with no merit for myself.
- What’s the worst possible failure? How can we mitigate that?
- What would I do if not afraid?
- Will worry help the outcome?
- What do I fear that lacks unrecoverable risk? 💀
- Does it tell a white truth?
- How close is this to my sought-for legacy?
Tell me, what are your strategies for dealing with stress? Techniques for making decisions? Comment – I and others could learn a lot from you!