And we’re back!
Things are getting cold where I am in the American North East. Guess it’s about time to head back to warmer climates 😁 Let’s talk about that:
November Goal Review
- Truths Collection
- Won. A dozen journals, the magnificent tome that is Tribe of Mentors, and a few decades of experience has given me a collection of statements of seeming fact that provide a sketch of reality. Future plans include organizing these ideas into a book, a guide, for life.
- EOY Setup
- Won. It has been weird with the longest, most pesky background check I’ve ever gone through. That hasn’t stopped me from gearing up to start mobile development work in December!
- Vacation #1
- Won. Went to the Adirondacks! It was terrible! But the trip was taken, so I’m marking this up.
- Vacation #2
- Failed. During “vacation #1,” a kidney kinda stopped functioning 😶 Totally bonked any other vacation plans. After two weeks of bedrest and a few healthcare visits, I seem to be on the up-and-up 😉
- Truths Collection
December Goal Proposal
I must be honest here: It’s been a heck-of-a-year and it isn’t over yet.
My time is going to be spent on tasks that either happen… or they catastrophically don’t 🤷♂️ To me, that is a copout for setting goals in December. So, instead, time will be given 100% towards these items in our final month:
- First, I’m traveling across the country back to Vegas! This will take about a week, more or less, as I’ll be casually meandering while staying away from people (sans safely getting fuel).
- Next, I’m settling back down in Vegas! This will generally involve your generic “moving in” issues.
- After moving in, I’m starting work as a senior mobile game tools maker. Since I want to make a fine impression, this will have my attention for the last week-and-half of the year.
- Lastly, I’ll be reviewing the year as I’ve done for the last few. Picture gathering, letter writing, and outreach to some of the most important people in my life is a very important requirement for me.
75% accomplishment in November is disappointing, though I ripped through many a book and I rewrote a story outline I was having great trouble with.
As we look forward to December, I think it is about time for a bit of a rest without adding more pressure. As a recovering workaholic, I also encourage you to see about chilling in this holiday season 😊
Be well! We will converse again next week. Cheers in the meanwhile ~