As I write this, outside is 43 Celsius, getting up to 47 during the weekend. (Post’s image applies 💀) Stay safe, y’all!
While I stay out of the heat, let’s get into July’s goals and August’s hopes:
July Goal Review
- To Vegas!
- Won! Moved in, settled in, and will need to move again. More on that latter part later, but made it!
- Map Making
- Failed. Does it count as a fail if it can’t be done? The images taken of the map cannot be translated to a digital composition ready for print 🤷♂️ However, there was a bonus:
- Won! The units that had pictures taken were made into digital, printable version. Drafting these is required to check how they print out, yet August has some time ~ (As for the second bonus listed last month, we will ignore that it was missed.)
- As Above, So Below 1-Pager
- Won! 1-pager made and reviewed (post to come). The bonuses:
- Won! 2-pager is done! With a little art, too!! I am so happy to have these done and down. Yet, there is still the full version of AASB to update … Will I get there any time soon?
- Weekly Times Out
- Won! Barely. And the last social engagements happen the weekend following this post! But I did it – IDK if I could do it again 😶 Perhaps I stop working on personal projects for a bit, look for some group activities? 🤔 (If you have an idea, reach out!)
August Goal Proposal
- After declining a wedding years ago that turned out to be one of the worst decisions of the last 10 years, I cannot repeat the same mistake! Will take a week of prep and a weekend, so marking this down here to enjoy my time with the couple 🙂
- Unit Counters
- From July, I continue the work on the Civil War unit counters. All units, color balanced, and test-printed is the goal here!
- Bonus: Get this done by August 9th – going to be a rush, so here’s to it 🤞
- 10 Blog Posts
- Done this before, aiming to do again – write 10 blog posts, fill out a few months were I won’t need to be occupied with writing. If there is a specific topic you would like to see elaborated on, let me know!
- 20 Hours Games / Selfcare
- I read an article that struck a note that I ought be protecting time to participate in the frivolous things I once enjoyed. Games would be that, yet also it would be selfcare – bedtimes, setting boundaries, art, those sorts of things. If I make a breakthrough on habit-setting here, I will pass it along!
An aggressive-yet-achievable August to follow a draining-yet-accomplished July. (Maybe it is the heat 🔥) While having failures, the bonuses took the month over the line.
As always, lots of balls in the air: health, work, finance, travel, recreation, relationships, the cornucopia! Here’s to making a lot in the important areas of life, yours and mine. Cheers to it ~