After taking a break in November, December sought to move the needle a bit further. How did it go?
December Goal Review
- EOY Letter
- Won! Written and reviewed, this retro is now out in the wild. It has been a year.
- ‘Decline’ -cember
- Won! Giving myself permission, I have been much more conscious of saying “no” to obligation or anything I am not a “hell yes” about. I like this about me, so I aim to keep it going as habit!
- Mörk Borg Art
- Won! I made the thing – post coming soon. As for the bonus art material, no dice 🤷♂️
- 10 Blog Posts
- Won! By the skin of my teeth (typing fingers?). Good for a few months yet, which will be important as I set my sights on other writing tasks.
- D&D +1
- Won! Group #1 has committed war crimes, but is still going strong. Group #2 is ready to start – characters, expectations, etc., but we have decided to hit it full bore in January. Counting this as a win as my DM resources have grown considerably in preparation~
- Won! Hung out with great folks. What more to say? Hope you had / are having a lovely time 🙂
January Goal Proposal
- Outline LitRTS Short Story
- It has been an itch for a few weeks to write short stories again. Given some excellent LitRPG series I have been enjoying, why not a story based off of a real-time strategy game? Time I outline this sucker, get the ball rolling on my writing again 🙂
- 4 Black Library Plots
- The Black Library publishing group is opening up submissions again early 2023 sometime. Goal here is to create 4 robust 100-word summary, 500-word sample submissions for the universe of Warhammer 40K. Going to start with 10 outlines, then 6 drafts, then 4 finals. Been awhile since this happened, so I am glad to throw my hat back in the ring!
- Mörk Borg Art Online
- My Final Day tool has art, so touch it up and sell it on this site. Simple, right? Moves the needle.
- Bonus: Make art for Today Is the End.
- Gunslinger in The West Layout
- I have a full game to go along with the quick plays, so time I put the game into a print-ready format (or hire someone to do it). Placeholder art for now, yet:
- Bonus: List needed art for GiTW and hire out!
- Voice Sample
- Not a week goes by where a stranger does not comment on my voice and way of speaking. Having studied what it takes to do voice acting, might as well 1) script, read, and edit a narration sample, and 2) put it up somewhere for hire (ACX, perhaps?).
- Bonus: Script, record, edit, and produce a commercial voiceover sample.
- So my technical skills do not rust too much, spend a week doing code challenges every day under time.
- Bonus: Read a C++ book to better polish my understanding.
- Bonus: Figure out how to study and then study Angular (~10 hours).
- Bonus: Spend 10 hours studying Machine Learning courses.
100% in December – not bad, not bad. The intent though is to push the envelope to have some chance (~15%) of failure.
Is January setting the bar high enough? I hope so. Lots of creativity, lots of production, and a little keeping up with my best day-job skills.
Regardless, cheers to 2023! I hope to witness all the accomplishments you are about to bring to bear 🖖
2 thoughts on “December January Goal Review”